Hey! Have you ever ran into a piece of information which you can’t help but share to as many people as possible? Seems yes, you said. Ok, that’s exactly what adds a little fun in the world we live – sharing information.
Information sharing right from the Stone Age has been one thing that has so much importance. Due to its importance, there is always the need to get information across to the relevant people as quick as possible. Enough of the stone-age history, let’s face the reality of today and the trends in the new dispensation of our world of rapid technological advancement.
The rapid revolution in technology has made information sharing very fast (moving almost with the speed of light) and simple. Fast in the sense that within the blink of an eye, a piece of information can be shared and transferred to people who are thousands of miles away.
Talking about how simple information flies? Yes, it is very obvious that with a lot of communication devices (phones, computer, iPad etc), social media (Facebook, WhatsApp, twitter etc) and other online channels currently in use, one can send and receive tons of messages and other useful information just in the comfort of his sofa.
Not only can such messages be sent to an individual, but it can also be sent to as many people as possible all at the same time. Just to add drops of water to a frying oil. Messages received with the intention of being shared with other people don’t even need to undergo the process of typing, formatting or even editing.
All that is just needed is the use of the ‘copy’ feature in your device, be it a desktop or laptop computer, iPad, phone or other communication devices.
Remember, the “copy” feature on its own can’t do the whole magic of information sharing but it works hand-in-hand with the “paste” feature. The ‘paste’ function serves as the visible result for whatever that has been copied and ready to be saved or shared.
Its worthy of mention here that with the copy and paste functions, messages can easily be transferred not just from person to person but also from one app to the other.
Secondly, the copy and paste functions also give you the liberty of tweaking a message to suit your own thoughts and style without having to retype the same message all over again.
Thirdly, when using the copy function on facebook messenger, you have much time to chat with more friends or do other things. This is possible because you don’t necessarily need to type the same message to all the people you want to share the message with. It is very obvious that you are already anxious to know how to use the ‘copy’ function especially for messages and chats on social media platforms such as the facebook messenger application.
Whether you are using a desktop or laptop computer, an Android device or an iPhone for chatting on facebook messenger, copying messages isn’t hard to do.
Believe me when I say it isn’t hard to do. All that you need to do is simply sit back and go through these simple steps one after the other. Also, if you are using a computer for your facebook messenger chats, make sure that your mouse is functioning properly for ease of message copying.
Again, when copying messages on facebook messenger using either your computer, iPhone or an Android device, endeavor to paste a particular message immediately after it has been copied.
Reasons to this being that, after copying a particular message without pasting it where you would want it when next you copy another message or data from any part of your device (iPhone, the computer of android), the current item copied will overwrite the previous message you must have copied on facebook messenger.
So, let’s get started.
How to Copy Messages from Facebook Messenger on PC
On Desktop or Laptop
- Visit https://www.messenger.com on your PC, it will automatically synchronize with your facebook account if you already logged in on FB else you will need to enter your facebook login details to gain access. OR
- Launch the facebook messenger application directly from Facebook on your computer by clicking the messenger icon at the top right corner of your Facebook page OR
- If you have the messenger desktop app on your PC, launch directly from your desktop or laptop
- Click on a friend whose chat or message you want to copy
- Identify the particular message you wish to copy
- Right-click on the message (a menu pops up)
- Click on a copy from the list of options in the menu
So, with these steps, your message on facebook messenger has been successfully copied to the clipboard of your desktop or laptop computer and awaiting being pasted.
How to Copy Messages from Facebook Messenger on Android
The Android device is a very smart device which is built to give real flexibility while using it. While other types of phones may pop up a menu from which you can select an item from the menu list, the Android device uses symbolic representation whose function is the same as the written form of such commands or feature. So, while trying copy messages on facebook messenger, you have to be very sensitive and sharp to identify which of the icon below at the bottom of your android phone represents the copy function.
So, follow these steps on how to copy messages on facebook messenger if you an android phone user
- Launch the facebook messenger app on your device
- Login your user details to open your home page (If you are using for the first time)
- Scroll down to find a friend whose chat or message you want to copy
- Spot out the particular message you want to copy
- Press and hold the message for about 3 seconds (some icons display at the bottom of your Android device)
- Identify which one represents copy
- Tap the copy icon (the message you selected will be automatically copied to the Android clipboard)
As simple as these steps are, you have successfully copied the desired message on facebook messenger using your Android device. The message so copied is just waiting to be pasted where necessary.
How to Copy Messages from Facebook Messenger on iPhone
Using your iPhone with the facebook messenger application, you can have access to the copy function through a pop-up menu. This is possible because the facebook messenger app supports the copy function, unlike other apps. Depending on the type of message you are copying (maybe URL links, images or plain text) it is possible to have a slightly different menu option that appears while copying using iPhone
- Launch the facebook messenger application on your iPhone
- Login your user details to open your home page
- Scroll down to locate a friend whose chat or message you want to copy
- Spot out the particular message you want to copy
- Press and hold the message for about 2 seconds (a menu comes up horizontally over the selected message)
- Tap on a copy from the list of options in the menu
This is the simple steps you can use in copy a message on facebook messenger and saving yourself a whole lot of stress retyping a message all over again.
With these few and well-explained step, sure you can now copy messages on facebook messenger with ease irrespective of their format (URL links, images or plain text).